Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Story time

(The intrepid Honors Program explorers, 2005)

Although not an amazing picture in its own right, this photograph makes me smile every time I see it as it reminds me the Honors Program trip to Turkey in 2005. I took this picture the very first day of the trip in Istanbul. At the time, it felt like we were wandering the backstreets and byways of the city to find such an obscure restaurant. When Benjamin and I stopped back in Istanbul in 2007 on our way back from Italy, we found this same restaurant again. Having lived in the Middle East for a while, we realized that it was actually on a main street in the middle of the touristy section of town. Hah! So much for our back street, obscure restaurant.

(The same restaurant when we rediscovered it in 2007)

2 comments: