Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Catching Fire

Yesterday's lack of post was due to my irresponsibly and addictively reading the last two books in Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy - Catching Fire and Mockingjay. My eighth graders are going to be reading the first book in the series next week, and I thought that as a responsible teacher, I should probably take a look at the other two books in the trilogy, in order to respond intelligently if the kids decided to read the rest of the books and talk to me about them. I downloaded them on my Kindle at 3:30 pm on Sunday afternoon. At 11:30 pm, I blearily looked up from the last page of Mockingjay and went immediately to bed, since it was hours past my bedtime. It's a pretty intense trilogy!

2 comments:

  1. Wild. My wife had to read the first book (and then read the sequels for fun) for school as well.

    ReplyDelete