Monday, January 17, 2011

Wet

(Rhododendron bud outside our apartment, Eugene, Oregon)

Yesterday afternoon, Ben opened the door of the apartment to watch the heavy rain that had just started. Hearing the rain, I immediately snatched my camera and scampered out the door crying, "My blog! My blog!" since this is the first heavy rain I've had time to take pictures since I started this whole blogging adventure. Despite having lived in Oregon for over two years, my rain pictures are non-existent. Usually when it rains, I curl up on the sofa with a book, an afghan, and possibly cocoa.

Once outside, I looked around our fairly boring apartment complex for something to photograph, when lo! there were some rhododendron bushes. My neighbors probably thought I was nuts as they watched me looming over the plants trying to get an interesting shot while getting rather wet, but now I have a real, legitimate picture from a rainy Oregon day.

2 comments:

  1. I laughed when I read your post. I understand the motivation to brave the weather for a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always afraid of getting my camera wet & breaking it....

    ReplyDelete